In the corner (from left to right)
Shane, Mark, Kian, Nicky
In a nutshell...
Westlife is arguably one of the best pop acts in the UK - ever. Formed
Westlife has consistently released a single and album by the fall of
* Group forms originally
as IOU as a six member gruop. "Discovered" by
* Ronan Keating, lead singer of Boyzone, named as a co-manager for the
* Performs as opening act to the Backstreet Boys in Dublin.
* April 12 - release first single "Swear It Again"
* release first album, the
self titled debut "Westlife"
* Attempt at cracking
the US market with release of "Swear It Again" in April.
* June - westlife.org created =) Now into its 7th year of existence.
* release second album "Coast to Coast" - UK #1
* December - Westlife's 8th single release loses to Bob the Builder's
* release third album "World Of Our Own" - UK #1
* September - Bryan becomes a father as Molly is born.
* January - Bryan marries Kerry Katona.
* February - Westlife score their 10th UK #1 with "World of Our Own"
* April - Westlife start their 2nd UK/Ireland arena tour. Another smash success.
* 2nd attempt at
cracking the US market with a release of "World
* release fourth album "Unbreakable: Greatest Hits Volume 1"- UK #1
* Christmas - Shane proposes to Gillian, Nicky proposes to Georgina.... both happily accept!
* January - Westlife trek to Nashville, Tennessee (USA), home of country music. They spent 3 days transforming themselves into country music artists and even recorded an unreleased song, Daytime Friends, Nighttime Lovers. Unfortunately, the show was broadcast only on BBC in the UK in May, leaving only the lucky folks in Nashville, as one of the privileged few Americans to catch them at a live performance.
- Nicky marries his sweetheart Georgina Ahern, daughter of Irish
* Westlife embark on another tour, this time encompassing the Nordic countries, Germany, UK/Ireland.
* release fifth album "Turnaround" - UK #1
* Bryan has a second daughter with Lilly Sue.
* December - Shane marries his sweetheart Gillian Walsh, the cousin
* March 9 - Bryan splits from Westlife leaving a four-some, with the
* Fourth UK arena tour
* August - "Flying Without Wings" (live)
becomes the first ever #1 of the UK
* September - What a short lived marriage, as Bryan separates from Kerry.
* release sixth album "Allow Us To Be Frank" - UK #3
* July - Shane becomes a dad, when Nicole is born.
* The world finds out that
Mark is gay through "The Sun" headline,
* release seventh album "You Raise Me Up" - UK #1
* February - "Amazing" becomes
Westlife's 20th single release in the UK ... and is
* Westlife sign a new 5 album deal with Sony/BMG
* spring/summer - Continuation of arena tour
* fall - Australia tour
ITV Record of the Year
© 2000-2013 westlife.org/98degrees.org. All rights reserved. Unless otherwise noted, nothing can be taken from this site without permission. Also, if interested, you can access our privacy statement. Site optimized for 1024x768.